MY CAR HAS BEEN OVERHEATING

2004 Dodge Srt-4

Anonymous

December, 14, 2012 AT 2:25 AM

My car has been overheating. I put engine coolant and drove. Later on noticed the coolant was leaking on the ground. I took it to the dodge dealer to see what the issue was. Turns out the heater core needs to be replaced, very expensive. I heard that the main use of the core is to warm the interior of the vehicle and for defrosting the windshields, is it necessary to get the heater core replaced? Is there any way I could avoid this service?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 14, 2012 AT 2:29 AM

You can bypass the heater core, but I don't recommend it. You won't be able to heat the vehicle or defrost the windshield.

mastertech6245

July, 4, 2013 AT 3:44 AM

If you are like me, and a lot of people who own a SRT-4, then you probably don't drive it in the winter. If this is the case, who the hell cares if you have heat or not? Right. I would just take the two lines going into the firewall, and loop them, totally bypassing the heater core. This is just another option, like the one the other guy gave. I just dont see the point, that car doesnt do real great in the winter anyways.

Replace Heater Core
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe