6 DISC CHANGER

2004 Dodge Ram

Cdplayerantwrkn

September, 5, 2013 AT 3:20 PM

When I bought my dodge ram 1500 the guy told me that the changer just quit working. I tried it, and when u push the "mode" button it just goes thru the am/fm stations and never says cd. If I ouch the "load/ejt" button, then nothing! Doesn't make any noises or nothing. Is there anything j could do aside from paying a bunch of service fees for someone to tell me that it may not be fixable? Any advice would be helpful. Or any knowledge of this problem at all. Thanks!

Jacobandnickolas

September, 5, 2013 AT 5:13 PM

It is a common problem. The only thing I can say is usually it is cheaper to replace the unit and not repair it. You need to find a stereo shop that work on them. As a mechanic, I have replaced them, but I am not required to fix them.

Cdplayerantwrkn

September, 5, 2013 AT 5:21 PM

That's what I thought. I actually bought a 7" touchscreen and it came
In the mail today, but it doesn't fit in the installation kit right and the truck has the infinity sound system so I have to have the harness that has the data box on it which cost 120 buck, so I thought I would try this. But thanks anyways!

Jacobandnickolas

September, 5, 2013 AT 5:39 PM

I wish I had a better answer for you. Let us know if you have other questions and we'll do our best to answer you.

Cdplayerantwrkn

September, 5, 2013 AT 5:40 PM

Ok thank u

Jacobandnickolas

September, 5, 2013 AT 6:00 PM

Glad to help

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue