I AM TRYING TO LOCATE A ECM/PCM POWER RELAY CIRCUIT

2004 Dodge Intrepid

nessaboo1380

May, 7, 2012 AT 1:08 AM

Changed cam sensor and crank sensor

caradiodoc

May, 7, 2012 AT 2:25 AM

Are you referring to the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay?

nessaboo1380

May, 7, 2012 AT 4:43 PM

I checked the asd relay and the 2 fuses and they are good but still no fire to the coil

caradiodoc

May, 7, 2012 AT 4:50 PM

Do you mean no voltage to the coil, or you have 12 volts going to it but you're not getting spark? How are you testing for it? Have you checked for voltage to the injectors and fuel pump?

nessaboo1380

May, 7, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

I also replaced the cam sensor and the crank sensor

nessaboo1380

May, 7, 2012 AT 4:56 PM

I don't have anything going to the coils but I did a diagnosis on it and it gave me a code PO685 which was ecm/pcm power relay control circuit went on to check and replaced ASD relay.

nessaboo1380

May, 7, 2012 AT 5:12 PM

No reply are you still there

caradiodoc

May, 7, 2012 AT 5:20 PM

The ASD relay should turn on for only one second after turning the ignition switch to "run", then it should turn on again during engine cranking. Check for 12 volts to the ignition coil or any injector. That wire used to be dark green / orange. If it's different on your car, just look for the wire that's the same color to all the injectors and coil(s) / coil pack.

If you never see voltage there, the ASD relay is not turning on. That would agree with the fault code that the computer doesn't have control of that relay. The wire between the coil part of the relay and the computer is broken or grounded. The most logical cause would be a stretched terminal in the relay socket or computer connector, or corrosion on one of those terminals.

caradiodoc

May, 7, 2012 AT 5:23 PM

Give me a minute. I'm researching and typing on seven other problems.

nessaboo1380

May, 7, 2012 AT 5:25 PM

So do you think that I need to replace the computer

nessaboo1380

May, 7, 2012 AT 5:25 PM

Ok

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8