CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

2004 Dodge Durango

tater2160

May, 9, 2008 AT 5:30 PM

2004 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 84117 miles

check engine light came on. I check my oil and it is real low could that be the cause of the light coming on and if so should I put more oil in or just take it in to the shop. Never had problems with it

May, 9, 2008 AT 5:44 PM

Use the correct type oil and make sure the oil level is correct-if the light continues to come back On-get the computer scanned for code/s-the computer has identified a problem within the engine management system to find out what's wrong get it scanned for code/s-This is where the diagnosis starts-

imtheman4evermore

September, 12, 2011 AT 10:14 PM

We keep having our check engine light reset (they say it didn't give any codes for what is wrong)but it keeps coming right back on

rivermikerat

September, 25, 2011 AT 1:10 AM

Tater2160, were you able to come to a resolution with this problem?

Imtheman4evermore: If everything actually checks out fine and there are no problems with sensors or mechanical parts, your ECM is probably going bad.

Wrenchtech

September, 25, 2011 AT 1:32 AM

If the light is coming on, then there are stored codes that need to be read. If they can't read them, then I would try a different scan tool.