2004 DODGE DURANGO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

• tater2160
  • 2004 Dodge Durango

2004 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 84117 miles

check engine light came on. I check my oil and it is real low could that be the cause of the light coming on and if so should I put more oil in or just take it in to the shop. Never had problems with it

Friday, May 9th, 2008 AT 5:30 PM

• rasmataz

Use the correct type oil and make sure the oil level is correct-if the light continues to come back On-get the computer scanned for code/s-the computer has identified a problem within the engine management system to find out what's wrong get it scanned for code/s-This is where the diagnosis starts-

Friday, May 9th, 2008 AT 5:44 PM
  • imtheman4evermore

We keep having our check engine light reset (they say it didn't give any codes for what is wrong)but it keeps coming right back on

Monday, September 12th, 2011 AT 10:14 PM
  • rivermikerat

Tater2160, were you able to come to a resolution with this problem?

Imtheman4evermore: If everything actually checks out fine and there are no problems with sensors or mechanical parts, your ECM is probably going bad.

Sunday, September 25th, 2011 AT 1:10 AM
  • Wrenchtech

If the light is coming on, then there are stored codes that need to be read. If they can't read them, then I would try a different scan tool.

Sunday, September 25th, 2011 AT 1:32 AM