DAKOTA

2004 Dodge 600

kschwab

June, 7, 2011 AT 6:50 PM

I have a 2004 dodge dakota with a 4.7 ltr. Magnum v8. It is producing white smoke at startup and makes an exhaust leek sound from the top of the engine. The leeking sound originally only happened at start up but now is steady and rythmic and the smoking is occuring more. The trouble code says that it has a random miss. I have been told that it could be the egr valve. But I have also been told that this year and model doent have an egr valve. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated

Egr Valve

Docfixit

June, 7, 2011 AT 6:57 PM

Any coolant loss? Recent overheating? Is code P0300?

kschwab

June, 7, 2011 AT 11:16 PM

There does seem to be a little bit of coolent loss. Maybe 1 cup or so, and I hadnt checked it lately until I noticed the white smoke coming from the exhaust. It has never over heated. And yes the trouble code is po300

Docfixit

June, 8, 2011 AT 1:30 PM

Good chance coolant is entering combustion chamber on several cylinders. Suspect headgasket failure. You can rent a cooling system pressure from parts store. Then remove plugs pressurize overnight then crank plugs out check for coolant coming out of plug hole.