P 0700 ERROR CODE ON

2004 Chrysler Town and Country

jamspeed

April, 10, 2012 AT 12:11 PM

I had a P 0700 error code which is a TCM malfunction, but I can't get hold of a shop to diagnose my TCM. The CEL is on and it doesn't shift (up shift/down shift) mechanic said it's stuck on 3rd.
Everything is running just fine, it drives as smooth as before. It can speed up til 80 kph but the RPM is at between 4 to 5 thousand. Speedometer is working right as well as all the gears. ATF is new and the filter (serviced all fluids 5 mos. Ago)

The mechanics really cant figure it out what's wrong with it and I just can't afford to do trial and error fix.

Please provide me assistance on how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

merlin2021

April, 10, 2012 AT 1:08 PM

Could be it needs a new tcm. Check the connectors at tcm and transmission for corrosion or bent pins.

merlin2021

April, 10, 2012 AT 3:30 PM

The other thing is, the shift solenoid pack is normally the cause in 99 percent of the cases if the wiring is ok, not too expensive either.

jamspeed

April, 11, 2012 AT 11:15 AM

Ok thanks a lot for the immediate reply, I'll check the wirings and the connector. I'll keep you posted. Is there any way we can check the solenoid pack without removing it? I'm still searching for a shop that can diagnose my TCM. Thanks again.

merlin2021

April, 11, 2012 AT 12:23 PM

To check the solenoids you need the Chrysler DRBscanner to activate them. So you either pay Dodge to disgnose it or install the shift solenoids and hope you are in the 99 percent brackett.

jamspeed

August, 25, 2012 AT 4:14 PM

Finally, got the time to have my car diagnosed. Errors codes are P0700 and P0605. And according to the mechanic its the TCM that needs to be replaced. I just want to get second opinion on this if its really it, I just want to be sure before sourcing out a new TCM. Thanks.