I HAVE A 2004 CHRYSLER PACIFICA THAT HAS BEEN ...

2004 Chrysler Pacifica

bfbecker

December, 18, 2012 AT 3:02 AM

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica that has been overheating recently. Just today the light came on and it began to smoke. We had replaced coolant and had leakage from a hose. Once filled it ran for a while then I started hearing a sporadic clunking noise from the belt side (Passenger) of the engine. The top radiator hose gets hot. I have not checked the lower hose as of yet. Was told there could be air in the cooling system. I can use your expertise.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 18, 2012 AT 3:10 AM

If you just had the system refilled, it could be air in the system. However, usually it works itself out of the system. Did you check the thermostat? Did you check to make sure the radiator isn't partially plugged.

bfbecker

December, 18, 2012 AT 6:31 PM

Good Morning. I checked for water flow with the cap off once it reached operating temperature. Oil light now on and clanking sound still present on pulley side of engine. Could it be an oil pump or sender unit as oil is full yet light is on?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 18, 2012 AT 8:50 PM

If the oil light is on and you hear a knocking sound from the engine, you may have internal engine damage. As far as the a sending unit, since it is making noise, I would say it is working.

Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage