I HAVE A 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO HD WITH A ...

• jayseno0
  • 2004 Chevrolet Silverado

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado HD with a factory towing package. The wiring that comes from the truck to the back of the female receptacle is bad and some broken. I found a new pigtail but when I connect it I have a right turn signal that works properly but when I turn on the left turn signal both right and left blink. Also only one brake light comes on. I checked all the fuses in the truck and they are all good. Any ideas?

Thursday, March 14th, 2013 AT 11:13 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

Recheck your diagnosis, the wiring harness may have been damaged where you dont see it.

Saturday, March 16th, 2013 AT 3:34 PM
  • jayseno0

Dr. Hagerty, (EXPERT) (haha!)Thanks for telling me to recheck my diagnosis. For your information, The reason I spent an hour on my back under the truck was to check the wiring harness at the places where I couldn't see it. Also I rechecked my diagnosis at least a dozen times. I didn't contact you to have you tell me to check it again. Lol!
Also I found and fixed the problem. The problem was in the 10 pin flasher module that is attached to the back of the fuse block under the dash. I replaced the flasher module and it fixed the problem. I hope that in posting this it will help others with a similar problem in the future.
I donated $10.00 to your cause and got an answer two days after I needed it, but I understand that life is busy and duties are taxing. Please keep the $10.00, seriously it is my gift to educate you so you can educate others. The work must go on!
P.S. Just a note in closing, pssst! You forgot to e-mail me your answer! Luckily I signed in and found it!

Sunday, March 17th, 2013 AT 12:21 AM