WHEN I COME TO A STOP AND THEN GO TO TAKE OFF AGAIN IT FEELS LIKE A BUMP FROM THE REAR END???

2004 Chevrolet Silverado

patrickaf30

February, 21, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

Im having the same problem I think. When I'm driving and then come to a stop then let off the brake pedal to take off again before even hitting the gas there is a thud, bump or hit or something coming from the rear of the truck. Kinda hard to explain. Could it be the rear end needs to be rebuilt or replaced?

fixitmr

February, 21, 2012 AT 8:01 PM

Might be suspension/brakes issue?

dennyp

February, 22, 2012 AT 10:36 PM

Take the rear driveshaft out. Clean out the slip yoke on the front of the driveshaft with brake parts cleaner and a small brush. After the part is clean and dry, lube the splines with clean Dexron 6 ATF. Reinstall the driveshaft.

wayne1230

March, 31, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

I have a 2000 silverado w/180000 mi. Same problem.V-6 auto. AT a complete stop, I lft my foot off the brake, and it bumps.I have actually turned around to see if I had been hit. Happens at nearly every compete stop, and no other shift problems at all.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler