BACK BRAKES WOULD SUDDENLY COME AND THE CAR WOULD STOP ABRUPTLY

2004 Chevrolet Optra

aconrad

February, 3, 2012 AT 12:19 AM

While driving my car the back brakes would suddenly come and the car would stop abruptly. Very scary. My mechanic replaced the brake shoes, rotors and calipers. Car worked fine for a week and yesterday brakes came on again. In Ten minutes and 500 yards

The brakes come on abruptly while driving along. The brakes lights actually come on! Calipers, rotors and brakes shoes have been replaced and within one week same problem. This time it happened five or six times within ten minutes. Check engine light also came on and rpms were up. Turned car off for ten or fifteen minutes and restarted - everthing was fine so I drove home. I am scared to drive over 50 kms. What could be wrong

thanks, AD

February, 3, 2012 AT 7:47 PM

CEL On-Have the computer scanned for code/s-start here. Also check the rear brake shoes if you have a spring that is broken it can cause the brakes to come on full.

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford