I WENT ON VACATION FOR 15 DAYS AND MY CAR STAYED...

2004 Chevrolet Lumina

Anonymous

January, 27, 2013 AT 6:18 AM

I went on vacation for 15 days and my car stayed idle during this time. I had taken out battery wires to ensure that battery won't be discharged.

When I came back, I saw a lot of Carbon on the terminals of battery. I put hot water on it to clean the carbon and then started the car. It took the ignition with its battery but the engine started to take jerks.

I went for a drive and I felt that when I am giving the accelerator, it is working fine but once I put the breaks (car is automatic), it feels as if engine will shut down.

Next day I tried to start the car but the problem is even more now and as soon as I put the car in gear, the engine shuts down. RPMs are staying at around 0.7 or 0.8 which is how they were in the past but the engine is shaking as if not getting full current.

Kindly advise me so that I can bring the proper mechanic.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

The car has to re learn to run correctly after the info was wiped out from battery removal.

Take it for a long ride to help it adapt.

Is the check engine light on?