2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Engine

KENNETH0812
  • 2004 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
I have a 2004 Chevrolet cavalier Friday afternoon I drove it home there was a noise coming from the right side of my engine it was some what clicking but I ignored it didn't think it was anything major. I parked the car I didn't drive it at ALL! Over the weekend it stayed parked. Sunday night I got in my car it turned on fine but was making the noise a bit louder I then reversed it made out the drive way but once I put it on Drive to leave it just shut off now it won't turn on at all. All my lights and everything else turns on but the engine won't. I tried jumping it but there's no use of that though cause the car had all the lights on.I'm thinking can it be the fuel pump? The water pump? Oil? I checked the oil the stick didnt have no mark on it so I went to go buy some but still nothing. Can it be that it's to cold? I live in Tampa by the way. I'm lost it's a 2004 Chevrolet cavalier base model.
Monday, November 3rd, 2014 AT 11:52 AM

SATURNTECH9
Have you tried to turn the engine over by hand to see if the engine locked up?
Monday, November 3rd, 2014 AT 12:52 PM
KENNETH0812
I haven't tried anything ever since I don't even know how to turn it on by the engine. How you do that? It makes a clicking noise when I turn it over but the car won't start
Monday, November 3rd, 2014 AT 1:12 PM
SATURNTECH9
On the bottom of the engine there is pulley thats on your crank shaft. You would get a socket to go on the bolt in the center of the pulley and a ratchet and see if you can turn it over by hand.
Thursday, November 20th, 2014 AT 6:38 AM

Sponsored links