CV JOINT TRANSMISSION

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

juan p rodarte

March, 6, 2011 AT 2:50 AM

On my Chevy cavalier 2004 2.2 automatic transmission, Cv joint moves where it goes enters transmission, makes noise above 20 miles stops at 70, it cv joint does not move next to the hub. I thinks there is something wrong inside transmission. Thanks

fixitmr

March, 6, 2011 AT 2:56 AM

What kind of noise does it make? How do you know it is moving while driving car? The inner joint on cv's either is spring loaded to prevent it from exiting transmission or it has a clip the locks into trans. The outer cv joint does not move in and out as it's design is different.

juan p rodarte

March, 6, 2011 AT 3:11 AM

Is like a clicking noise, I parked my car and tried to move the shaft of the cv joint up and down and it moved more on the driver side

fixitmr

March, 6, 2011 AT 3:47 AM

Axles do make a clicking noise when worn, it is usually the outer joint not inner and it usually only does or sounds worse when you turn.

juan p rodarte

March, 6, 2011 AT 3:54 AM

What is the name of the part that holds the cv joints inside the transmission? It vibrates its balanced an align, new ball bearing, ball joints and tie rods.
It's not a clicking sound its a different sound

fixitmr

March, 6, 2011 AT 4:24 AM

You could go to the auto store and look at an axle for your car and see if it has a clip on the splined end. If not it is held in with a spring inside cv joint. Last time I bought 1 they were only like $59 + tax.

juan p rodarte

March, 6, 2011 AT 5:54 AM

Thank you for your help, I was going to buy the cv joints but I was trying to get some answers before buying the part

CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement