IDLING REALLY WEIRD MAKING CAR JUMP

• emarsden
  • 2004 Chevrolet Aveo

I recently replaced the timing belt, tensioner, pulley, water pump, serpentine belt and tensioner on my 2004 Chevy Aveo. The car is running fine with no real noises but idling really weird and making the car almost jump. What could be causing this?

The rpm gauge dosn't seem to be moving but the lights kind of flicker at night very faintly.

Great site :)

Friday, February 10th, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

• ASEMaster6371

I assume it is running. The tach may be bad and I would check the alternator for charging for the flickering.

Friday, February 10th, 2012 AT 2:05 AM
  • emarsden

This only started after I changed the timing belt etc. The car is running but at idle is kind of jumping but drives fine until I get to stop sign or any stop. Hasn't stalled at all while driving either just getting fustrated now :/

Friday, February 10th, 2012 AT 2:27 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Check all your connections and grounds wires. Check for any vacuum lines either left off or mis placed. And lastly, re check your timing marks. You may be off 1 tooth either way.

Friday, February 10th, 2012 AT 2:32 AM