THE LIGHTS ABOVE THE LICENSE PLATE ARE OUT

2004 Chevrolet Aveo

chrysnehs

December, 1, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

The lights above the license plate are out. New bulbs didn't fix it - checked the wiring and found a snapped wire. The power comes off the rear left lights (I think) and is connected with a white doodad. The wire is snapped just above that connection. I can't get the remaining wire out of the connector (may be missing something here).

Do I need to replace that whole piece, just the one wire (there are three), or do a simple wire splice?

December, 1, 2012 AT 10:49 PM

A wire splice is a good fix. Solder and shrink wrap the connection

chrysnehs

December, 2, 2012 AT 1:43 AM

Lets pretend that I read "solder and shrink wrap" as "cover with electrical tape". Still a workable solution?

And basic review for my benefit - wire splice will entail removing covering from the wire near the break and then rolling the two pieces together. (There's not enough of a lead on the one side for me to use a standard electrical wire connector like I would for combining the wires for a ceiling fan)

and Thank You for the help!

Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla