WINDSHIELD WIPERS

2004 Cadillac Escalade Esv

harley87

June, 27, 2011 AT 5:23 PM

2004 ESV Cadillac wipers run continously what can be done to solve

cadieman

June, 27, 2011 AT 5:40 PM

Unplug them and get a price on a wiper motor.

caradiodoc

June, 27, 2011 AT 5:40 PM

Visit the dealer. They are run by the Body Computer. GM is the only company that will not allow independent shops to program replacement computers to your vehicle. They are also difficult to diagnose without the dealer's special equipment to determine if the computer is actually the problem.

factoryjack

June, 27, 2011 AT 8:07 PM

Pull the W/S Wiper fuse from the left I/P fuse block, replace the wiper module.

caradiodoc

June, 27, 2011 AT 9:02 PM

What do you mean by "module"? Computer module or motor assembly with a circuit board attached? If it's a computer module, what's it called?

factoryjack

June, 28, 2011 AT 2:06 AM

Schematic calls it a windshield wiper motor module, repair instruction calls it a wiper motor cover. Quite possibly, the wiper motor module is the transmission, motor, and module(cover). If the cover is available separately, that is all that is needed.

caradiodoc

June, 28, 2011 AT 6:11 AM

Thanks. Chrysler had a real reliable and simple wiper motor so they had to mess it up in '96 by incorporating the Body Computer into the circuit just to insure the wipers would still park after the ignition switch was turned off. They call that the "Body Control Module" and it has been the source of all kinds of trouble. I know GM has Body Controllers too but I didn't know if they got involved with the wipers.

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage