AUDI A4 2004 1.8T S-LINE LOSING BATTERY ALL BATTERY POWER EVERY 3 MONTHS OR SO!?

• AndyBee
  • 2004 Audi A4

I bought a new battery after my Audi A4 wouldn't start. My friend who is a mechanic fitted the battery for me. After 3 months, I woke up to go to work and the battery was dead. The next day after a couple of jump starts with jump leads my car starts first time and has done for the last 3 months. Yesterday it did the same, wouldn't start! Today, started first time and not had a problem again? Anyone have a clue? Could it be a short circuit? If so where?

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 AT 10:07 PM

• saturntech9

The first thing I would do is have the alternator tested. Then the battery tested also have a parastic draw test done if the first two reveal nothing.

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 AT 10:20 PM
  • AndyBee

Already had both battery and alternator checked. Both working fine!

Thursday, April 5th, 2012 AT 10:09 AM
  • saturntech9

Alright then if the battery keeps going dead with the car off you need to have a parstic draw test performed. This will check for excessive draw and they can find the draw with this test.

Thursday, April 5th, 2012 AT 4:24 PM