Welcome to 2CarPros.
Here are the directions specific to HID bulb replacement on your vehicle. Please follow the directions. The system should never be turned on with the bulb disconnected from the vehicle. Please be careful. The attached pictures correlate with the directions.
2002 Acura 3.2TL V6-3.2L SOHC
HID Bulb Replacement
Vehicle Lighting and Horns Headlamp Headlamp Bulb Service and Repair Removal and Replacement HID Bulb Replacement
HID BULB REPLACEMENT
HID Bulb Removal
WARNING: A transient high tension (25,000 V) occurs at the bulb sockets of the high intensity discharge (HID) lamps when the combination light switch is turned ON. It may cause serious electrical shock or electrocution if you do not observe the cautions below.
- Never turn on the combination light switch before fitting the HID bulbs to their bulb sockets and completing the reassembly of the headlight assembly.
- Do not service the headlights assembly in wet conditions, such as rain or snow, near a sprinkler system, or when your hands are wet to prevent electrocution.
- Do not touch the surface of the HID bulbs with your bare hands and do not stain it with any oils and fats.
- Do not disassemble the inverter unit and the ignitor unit.
- Do not turn on the HID bulb by using a power source other than the battery mounted on your vehicle.
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio and the navigation system, then write down the frequencies for the radio's preset buttons.
2. Combination light switch OFF.
3. Disconnect the battery negative cable, then disconnect the positive cable.
4. Disconnect the headlight assembly 2P connector.
5. Remove the Torx bolt (A) using a Torx T20 bit.
6. Turn the cover (B) 45 Â counterclockwise to remove it from the headlight assembly.
7. Turn the socket (A) 45 Â counterclockwise to remove it from the bulb (B).
8. Pull the retaining spring (A) away from the bulb (B), then remove the bulb (B).
9. Install the new bulb in the reverse order of removal.
10. After reconnecting the battery, enter the anti-theft code for the radio and the navigation system, then enter the customer's radio station presets.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, January 6th, 2021 AT 2:44 PM