I HAVE A 04 ACURA RSX TYPES WITH A MANUAL 6SPEED...

2004 Acura RSX

Anonymous

October, 23, 2012 AT 3:59 PM

I have a '04 Acura RSX Type-S with a manual 6-speed transmission. I wasn't paying attention after parking and took my foot off of the clutch while the engine was still running, so I stalled the car. When I came back to use it about 30 minutes later, it would not start. The engine won't even turn over and the stereo has been reset (as though the battery was disconnected). The warning lights flicker on and off, gauges (like gas or speed) raise and lower themselves while the power is on. But turning the key in the ignition doesn't sound like it's even engaging the starter and the engine will not turn over. Will a jump get it going again? Any idea why a stall would cause an electrical failure? The car is running great otherwise.

October, 23, 2012 AT 5:12 PM

Check the battery terminals. Ensure they are clean and secure. Try a jump start and test the battery.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test