Yes, especially since it is a, "signal noise" associated with the radio.
You did say the CD player sounded fine. Either your antenna is not hooked up well in the back of the stereo, (large coax type cable). Or, the tuner has gone out in the radio which is common and you will need a new radio.
Here is a diagram below so you can check the connection or replace the antenna which could be bad.
1 - Antenna rod
2 - Antenna base
- Roof antenna booster is located in antenna base.
- Removing and installing: Lower molded headlining at rear
3 - Antenna cable
- From roof antenna to front of center console
4 - Antenna cable
- From center console to radio unit
5 - Hex nut M14 with serrated washer
- Serrated washer is attached to hex nut with a plastic ring.
- Apply contact grease to the inside of the roof in area of serrated washer.
6 - Seal
Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find.
Wednesday, September 14th, 2011 AT 10:28 PM