MANUAL TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

2003 Volkswagen Jetta

Rosemaire

May, 11, 2011 AT 5:50 PM

Whats wrong and how can I fix it

Wrenchtech

May, 11, 2011 AT 6:07 PM

With that amount of information, all I can tell you is take is to a transmission shop to be diagnosed.

Rosemaire

May, 11, 2011 AT 6:43 PM

Whats wrong and how can I fix itMy car is a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI, I was on my way somewhere when slowing down I put my car in neutral and began braking. Going faster than I thought I shifted into first gear at about 40mph. At that moment I felt rattling in both the gear stick and the clutch pedal, I tried to shift again in case it was just a hiccup and my gear stick was stuck in neutral, I couldn't switch into any gears.
Now when my car is off is the only time I can move the gear stick into the gear slots. And I also lost alot of pressure in the clutch pedal but it does not stick to the floor it returns to normal position after a moment or so.

Asked by Rosemaire

Wrenchtech

May, 11, 2011 AT 6:47 PM

The transmission will have to be removed and inspected internally after making sure the clutch didn't fail.