MY 2003 TOYOTA MATRIX HAS NO POWER UP HILLS OR GETTING UP TO SPEED

• Mfengari
  • 2003 Toyota Matrix

Hello, I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix AWD Automatic. It started being a little sluggish on hills about 2 weeks ago. It seemed ok until yesterday when I was returning home on a 3 hr trip. Everytime going up a hill it was taking longer to shift and the engine was working hard, but the car could not keep up the speed. I could not drive on the highway. So I stopped on the way home and got the catalytic converter replaced and it didnt make a difference, so when I got home I had the fuel pump and filter replaced. Also replaced the spark plugs. Nothing had seemed to help. Any ideas?

Friday, June 29th, 2012 AT 3:00 PM

• racefan966

Is the engine light on? Either way check with your local parts store and see if any will do a free scan. If there is any codes then write them down have them cleared and get me the codes.

Friday, June 29th, 2012 AT 3:03 PM
  • Mfengari

Thank you. The engine light is not on, never has during this problem. Right now the car is at a garage where they will scan for codes. I will let you know.

Friday, June 29th, 2012 AT 10:32 PM
  • racefan966

Sounds great also have them check exhaust flow for a plugged cat converter.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 1:57 PM