A bozo valet broke the footrest off my 2003 Toyota Landcruiser

BOLDFROGS
  • 2003 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER
The footrest off my 2003 toyota landcruiser (the big block of plastic on the left side of the drivers area) was broken by a valet. Strangely enough, I now realize I depended on that thing 100% of the time. I have the footrest & would like to re-attach or replace. One of the challenges is that 1 of the brackets is on a swivel & you can't get to it from underneath (at least I don't know how to). Any suggestions are welcome. Thx.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

RIVERMIKERAT
If you can prove it was the valet, they have insurance to take care of problems they cause.

If not, a good quality epoxy should work.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 AT 9:29 PM
FIXITMR
Take some pictures and post em.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 AT 10:39 PM
BOLDFROGS
Here are some pics. #1-as it would sit in car, #2 - underside of footrest, #3&4 - pics of the broken plastic pieces (can these be replaced somehow?
Thx.
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 3:54 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
I would use a good quality epoxy.
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 4:31 AM
FIXITMR
I would say you have to remove pieces from floor first. Do they bolt/screw from behind floor panel? Or is it a rivet? Then it looks like maybe the bottom piece is not just broke but bent. So maybe best bet is to pick up another rest from scrap yard. As far as epoxy goes I like the putty type for these repairs as it can be used to construct missing gaps and build for strength.
Thursday, November 24th, 2011 AT 4:38 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
I agree. But wear a pair of gloves as you're kneading it. Some people can be made very sick from the chemicals in the putty type of epoxy.
Thursday, November 24th, 2011 AT 4:51 AM
FIXITMR
I wonder if my tough worker calloused hands have protected me from such sickly contamination? I do try to wear rubber cloves now anyway if I dont forget!
Friday, November 25th, 2011 AT 1:26 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Not everyone is adversely affected. You may be one of those that isn't. I am. But Safety-Kleen solvent gives me a killer rash.
Friday, November 25th, 2011 AT 3:49 AM

Sponsored links