IS IT A BAD IDEA TO GET A CAR WITH SO MUCH ...

2003 Toyota Camry

melmoku

Is it a bad idea to get a car with so much milege

Wiring Issue?

caradiodoc

Depends on how the car was driven and maintained. My '88 Grand Caravan has over 400,000 miles on the engine, 240,000 miles on everything else, and it is my daily driver. I sent a Chevy to the junkyard with 66,000 miles.

The main thing you want to be aware of is most import cars have "interference" engines. Repairs get real expensive if the timing belt breaks. You'll want to know it has been replaced already on any car with 75,000 miles or more.

Look at the tire wear for signs of trouble. Consider an inspection at a tire and alignment shop. They will inspect steering and suspension parts, and do a quick visual inspection of the exhaust system and things like that. Have them measure the ride height too for signs of sagged springs. Those aren't serious things but they can help influence your buying decision.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford