I RECENTLY REPLACED MY RADIATOR AND THERMOSTAT

2003 Subaru WRX

afcushman

October, 12, 2011 AT 1:28 PM

However, I am occasionally getting white smoke from my hood scoop. When I notice the smoke, I am usually sitting at a stop light and my temp gauge is reading normal. Again this has only happened a few times. I fear that maybe my turbo is starting to go, but I believe I hear it spooling. Please help.

afcushman

October, 12, 2011 AT 4:19 PM

I realized that I'm only seeing the smoke when the AC is on. So I took a test drive to prove my theory, and hopefully find a drip off the AC that is burning off somewhere. Well sure enough, it started smoking with the AC on. I then pulled over, and was finally able to identify where the smoke is coming from. It is coming from right near my turbo. Some pictures of the area will be included. Again I can hear the turbo working, maybe its got a cooling leak. Hope this helps your diagnosis. FYI, I have no error codes on my computer.

mhpautos

October, 14, 2011 AT 1:56 PM

Turbo's spin at an incredible rate, so to hear it spooling is not uncommon, get the cooling system pressure tested to check for any external coolant leaks, about 90% of the turbo cooling is dome by the engine oil, but regardless any coolant leak should be addressed.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230