I HAVE A 2003 SUBARU FORESTER I JUST TOOK IT TO ...

2003 Subaru Forester

lewiskoplin

March, 22, 2013 AT 5:17 PM

I have a 2003 Subaru Forester, I just took it to the shop because after extended periods of traveling it would almost seem as if my engine was over heating, but they seem to think that my front differential has a leak somewhere and in order to check it out they have to take out the transmission. This does seem like a fairly complicated process, so I was wondering if there is an easier way to fix the problem or if this certain autoshop missed diagnosed my Subaru? Oh also the shop said the total cost to fix it would be around 2400 dollars.
Thanks,
Lewis

Jacobandnickolas

March, 22, 2013 AT 5:29 PM

AN engine overheating and an axle problem seem very different and not related. Why are they saying that is the problem?

lewiskoplin

March, 22, 2013 AT 5:38 PM

Well I guess the engine wasn't overheating, but I mentioned nothing about an axel. Im not an expert on how a differential works is it connected to the axel? Anyways im pretty sure the differentials just leaking fluid somewhere.

lewiskoplin

March, 22, 2013 AT 5:47 PM

Also the cost seems a bit outrageous

Jacobandnickolas

March, 23, 2013 AT 1:42 AM

IT does sound like a lot of money. As far as the axle, yes it is attached to the differential. At this point, I think a second opinion may be a good idea.

Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Axle Seal Replacement
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Level Check