WHEN I COMPLETELY ACCELERATE MY SUBARU BAJA IT ...

2003 Subaru Baja

Anonymous

February, 15, 2013 AT 3:16 PM

When I completely accelerate my subaru baja it hesitates when shifting from first to second and from second to third (it is an automatic transmission). If I accelerates normally the transmission changes perfectly. WE have changed spark plugs and wires, TPS, fuel pump and filter. It does not give any codes when it was scanned. The fuel pressure were within range 35 and 46. What can be the problem?

Randico

February, 15, 2013 AT 3:25 PM

The Baja uses what I call a MAP (mainifold air pressure), the proper name per Subaru is intake pressure sensor, What this does is connected to the throttle body housing The ECM uses as indication of engine load and the ECM adjust fuel injector and ignition timing based on manifold pressure, So make sure no false air leak and suspect this sensor as the culprit

February, 15, 2013 AT 4:20 PM

Do you feel it is trans related or engine related?

jorgeagalloza

February, 15, 2013 AT 4:24 PM

I think is engine related. The transmission shifts fine if I accelerated normally. Maybe electrical?

February, 15, 2013 AT 4:30 PM

Hesitates? Does it top out on rpm? Will it keep accelarating after shifting?

jorgeagalloza

February, 15, 2013 AT 4:38 PM

Just before shifting it feels like it has not enough gas and it pauses, looses acceleration then shifts the gear and keeps accelerating until its ready to shift again. Also if I am cruising and step on the gas it does the same thing.

February, 15, 2013 AT 4:42 PM

It almost sounds like the throttle pressure may need to be adjusted in the trans

jorgeagalloza

February, 15, 2013 AT 7:32 PM

Can you send me a diagram for the location of the throtle pressure? Thanks!

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma