CAR WOULD NOT ACCELERATE

• Heartlandbeauty
  • 2003 SATURN L300

Today was an extremely humid and hot day in WI. After seven minutes of my car running on my way home from work, on the high way my car started to slow down without me even touching the brake. I had tried to acelerate and my car would not increase its speed! It began to shake and slow down even more. I luckily pulled my car to the side of the high way and it would NOT start. The battery light, check engine light, and oil light all came on. ( I recently had my oil changed by an expierenced friend days ago and my car ran fine). I had my car towed to the shop, but they only have one saturn tech that works in the area! Two months ago I had the crank shaft position sensor replaced. What could this be? I'd appreciate any answers! I am a 21 year old barely affording this car the way it is!

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 1:03 AM

• Saturntech9

Did the battery light etc come on while the engine was running or after the engine died?Also when you tried to restart the car did it crank no start or no crank no start?Also if you could get me any trouble codes that are in the computer that would really help also.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 1:18 AM
  • Heartlandbeauty

I honeslty don't remember if it did while it first happened. I know I tried to start the car and it would not start; well it did for a minute then died off. When I turned the key the battery light, engine light, and oil lights were on. I don't know of any codes. Sadly they cannot even look at my car until tomorrow.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 1:31 AM
  • Heartlandbeauty

No crank no start says my father who was there. The tow operator thought it was a charging problem or dead battery.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 1:33 AM
  • Saturntech9

Thats why I asked if the battery light came on while the engine was running to see if we need to suspect a charging issue. If it wont crank then we could suspect a battery/charging issue or locked up engine.I doubt the starter died the same time the engine did. Without you being able to do some testing since the car is at the shop I dont know how much help I can be to you right now. Keep me posted and I will give you my advice.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 1:42 AM
  • Heartlandbeauty

Well I know I pushed the gas pedal to the floor and it didn't go anywhere. I appreciate your help! I don't know much about cars at all! I wanted some sort of an idea. I truly hope that a charging issue or locked up engine won't cost too much.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 1:46 AM
  • Saturntech9

Well a charging issue wouldnt be too bad but a locked up engine would mean the engine siezed and wont turn over freely. Did you ever check the oil level of the car when it died?

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 1:51 AM
  • Heartlandbeauty

I did not. I had it changed less than a week ago. I guess I should have checked that.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 1:55 AM
  • Saturntech9

Yeah you should have keep me posted and I will help you out the best I can.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 2:17 AM
  • Heartlandbeauty

I will do so! Thanks for the help!

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 2:19 AM
  • Saturntech9

Your welcome talk to you soon.

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 AT 2:44 AM