ACCELERATION ISSUES

2003 SAAB 9-3

acreekmur

April, 16, 2012 AT 1:57 AM

I just purchased this car from a dealer. I was on my way home from a friends house tonight and all of a sudden my check engine light came on. Shortly after it cam on I realized I could not accelerate. If I was going downhill I did not have a problem, but when I tried going uphill, it would not pick up speed past 35mph and the turbo needle wouldn't move either. I just had the oil changed today and all the fluids checked but I can't tell you the last time it had a tune up. At one point I had my gas pedal to the floor with no acceleration and when I had to come to a stop at a red light it was kinda puttering. I made it home and let it rest for about and hour and then my husband just drove it to my in-laws to park it and he said he didn't have any issues at all. Can you please give me some insight as to what my problem may be or where I should start to try and fix it?

cadieman

April, 16, 2012 AT 2:27 AM

U will need to start by checking the fuel pressure

acreekmur

April, 16, 2012 AT 3:06 AM

Now that you say that, when I was leaving the lot with the car, the dealer told me he filled up the tank for me and he stated he put 87 unleaded in it even though it stated in the owners manuel 90 unleaded. Could this be my problem?

cadieman

April, 16, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

Youll have to scan the computer to see what code is being set.