Make sure engien is cold before doing this and put anti sieze on new plugs.
1. Remove the engine cover (1) bolts.
2. Remove engine cover (1).
3. Disconnect each ignition coil (3) wiring harness connector (1). See Fig. 72 .
4. Remove the bolt (4) securing each ignition coil to the cylinder head cover. See Fig. 72 .
5. Remove each ignition coil (3).
6. Remove spark plugs.
7. Inspect spark plugs for electrode wear, carbon deposits and insulator damage.
1. Replace the spark plugs every 90,000 mi (144,000 km).
2. Set the spark plug gap. Bend only the side electrode if necessary. See SPARK PLUG TYPE and SPARK PLUG SPECIFICATIONS tables.
SPARK PLUG TYPE
Application Spark Plug Type Spark Plug No.
1.8L Except HO Denso SK20R11
1.8L HO Denso SR16R11
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 3:53 PM