1.4 CAN'T START

2003 Opel Corsa

KEAL

July, 20, 2012 AT 7:54 AM

OPEL CORSA 1.4 CAN'T STAT. THE STARTER IS NEW. WHEN I TRY TO PUSH START IT SEAMS AS THE ENGINE OR DRIVE SHAFTS ARE LOCKED OR JAMMED.

July, 20, 2012 AT 1:24 PM

Try manually turning the engine to see if it can turn. Did you check the battery and its connections?

July, 20, 2012 AT 1:37 PM

WELL SINCE I DON'T KNOW THE RECENT HISTORY OF THE REASON FOR THE NEW STARTER, LETS START BY HEAD LIGHTS ON BRIGHT, YOUR BUDDY WATCHING THEM

WITH AN ATTEMPTED START, DO THEY DIM OUT? IF SO, SNATCH THE BATTERY OUT AND TAKE IT TO A LOCAL PARTS STORE TO BE TESTED

TRY THIS STUFF TOO

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

IF YOU STILL THINK SOMETHING IS JAMMED, VERIFY THIS, WITH THE BATTERY DISCONNECTED AND THE CAR IN NEUTRAL.

I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH ROOM YOU HAVE. USE A LARGE RATCHET, WRENCH OR PULL HANDLE TO TURN YOUR ENGINE ONE FULL REVOLUTION (IN IT'S NORMAL DIRECTION OF TRAVEL) IT SHOULD NOT BE REAL DIFFICULT TO TURN, IT SHOLD BE SMOOTH, YOU WILL PROBABLY FEEL "COMPRESSION".......TRY IT WITH THE STARTER REMOVED TOO, IT MAY BE BINDING IN THE FLYWHEEL TEETH

RETURN W/ GOOD NEWS

THIS IS A PIC OF MY '77 CJ 5

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Replace Drive Shaft U-Joint Like a Pro
Axle Seal Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima