IS THERE A REPLACEMENT FOR THE OEM INSTALLED ASM DVD PLAYER

• sjgray
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette

OEM dvd player does not work and needs to be replaced. Gm part no 10328932 ASM DVD player. If no replacement is there a wiring guide for the 24 pin plug for this dvd player so I can set up a plug for a new player. This vehicle has onstar, overhead screen, in dash dvd player, wireless headphones, dvd remote. Thanks, steven

Monday, June 25th, 2012 AT 12:46 AM

• ImpalaSS

Both the base radio and premium sound have 24 pin. Do you know which one you have? Also is your model the GL, GLS, or Premiere Edition.

Monday, June 25th, 2012 AT 1:37 AM
  • sjgray

My 2003 Silhouette is the premier edition. Not looking a t the base radio but the factory installed dvd player. Its mounted at the bottom of the center console. I took it out to get the gm part number but the dvd player is no longer available. If I had the wiring diagram for the dvd player, 24 pin, I may be able to install a new dvd player

Monday, June 25th, 2012 AT 6:31 AM
  • ImpalaSS

Mmmmm - I don't show anything in our manual showing the DVD player at the bottom of the center console. I have attached what we have. Also, you might consider getting witht he parts department to see if they can give you the IPB of the wiring. Also, you might consider giving Crutchfield a call. I have purchased numerous equipment from them and also used their Tech Department when a question came up about installation etc. Additionally, when I would purchase something from them, they would always send me pages of diagrams to removing things, wiring diagrams, jumper plugs for plug and play etc. But sorry my friend, this is all we show.

Monday, June 25th, 2012 AT 2:15 PM
  • ImpalaSS

Oh forgot - here is the site http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ry1nTdyRYcC/

Monday, June 25th, 2012 AT 2:16 PM
  • Jrjcfo

I have problems getting mine to work too the easiest way to get movies to play is to use the av Jacks and buy a power inverter. Someplace like harbor freight for $20. I then plug my blue ray DVD player into the power inverter and I can even play blue ray movies this way. It's also better because you can just run the DVD player to behind the front seats as long as you get a long enough rca cord that's long enough( the ones with the red, yellow and white plugs) and that way the kids can play movies and you as the driver do not have to be distracted. It will work out much better that the factory player

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015 AT 6:48 PM