1. Blower fan does not turn on for either heater or A/C. It does usually operate at a very low fan speed level. It however cannot be controlled, or either turned on or off. When the car is shut off the fan will not shut off and eventually the battery will go dead. The battery has to be disconnected each evening.
2. The higher speed fan and fan adjustment may occasionally come on when the car is started but there is no switch control and turn on is at random and not at the will of the operator. After the car is shut down, the fan may go off and come back on it own at the next start up but this happens at random times. If the higher speed fan does come on, it will function constantly and its speed cannot be adjusted.
3. When the car is shut off the high-speed fan will not shut off and eventually the battery will go dead. The battery has to be disconnected each evening.
4. The fan speed adjustment does not function at all.
5. The on-off switch does not function.
6. The ambient temperature sensor never reads above 50 degrees even though the temperature outside may be 90 degrees.
7. In cold weather the outside temperature reading appears to function, however, its accuracy is unknown as the outside temperature reading sometimes cycles randomly but always below 50 degrees.
8. It may not be related but at the time the problem surfaced, the left side seat bottom heater stopped functioning.
9. The blower motor and the control unit have been replaced but the problem persists.
10. What are the possible causes?
have the same problem?
Sunday, December 26th, 2010 AT 4:36 PM