CAR NOISE

2003 Nissan Wingroad

cappsimon

April, 18, 2011 AT 10:38 AM

Hi all
Am Simon from Nairobi, concerned with a rumbling noise from my 2003 Nissan Wingroad. When on rough road I hear the noise but when I press on the brake pedal lightly, the noise dies down. I replaced the front brake pads a month ago and the noise was gone but It has come back again. Also advice Is it a high time I checked my rear brake shoes? Pls help.

Thanks and Regards
Simon

AutoZoneBrakesExpert

April, 24, 2011 AT 7:29 PM

Hi Simon, I'm Randy. I reviewed your question, and wanted to provide information that might help.

If the noise is coming from your brakes, and your brakes squeal when you don t have your foot on the pedal: * It is possible the wear indicator is contacting the rotor because the linings are too thin. It could be time to change your brakes.
* Caliper slide pins that are not properly lubricated may bind, causing brake drag. Also, corroded brake hardware and/or bracket will cause brake drag as well.

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss your question. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911