Gas gauge not working

BARBIEMAX
  • 2003 NISSAN MAXIMA

Hello I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima, one day I was driving and notice I haven't got any gas in a few days but my gas gauge stated I had a full tank. The next day while driving home from work I ran out of gas when at that time the gas light came on. I thought to myself how did I not notice I was on "E", so after that I payed more attention and notice the gauge never moved from full until im almost out of gas, and even then it still only comes down to a 1/2 or 1/4 of a tank. I had my throttle cleaned like a month or so before it started happening, could that have something to do with it. I wanted to know how serious it was before taking it in to the nissan dealer.

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 2:16 AM

It sounds like the sending unit from the float is bad which is part of the fuel pump. That would require the removal of the tank to access. That is where I would recommend starting. Here is a guide that will give you an idea on what you are in for with the repair.'

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-electric-fuel-pump

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 2:19 AM
BARBIEMAX

Ok, and how much would you think that would set a girl back? I live in Maryland.

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 2:42 AM

Actually, make sure to have it checked first. It isn't cheap. I would estimate around 400.00.

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 2:51 AM
BARBIEMAX

Ok thanks

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 3:11 AM

Glad to help. If you have other questions, let me know.

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 3:23 AM
NOELPETROS
  • 2005 NISSAN MAXIMA

2005 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

When the gas tank was full one day, I replaced the car battery. Everything works perfect except radio stations mixed up.
Later I discovered that :
1- The fuel gauge indicator, when the car is off, is pointing down at the other side of the stop pin! When turn the car on, the fuel gauge indicator makes an clockwise small turnn and hits the stop pin and stops there! It is just looks that it has passed the pin and got stock there.
2- Sun roof does not work. I have checked all the fuses inside the car fuse box, all of them ar OK. Are there any other fuses somewhere else that I have to check?
I will be glad if you answer me.
Thank you.
Noel

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 4:44 PM (Merged)
MERLIN2021

I dont know if you did this, but worth a shot. Also there is another bulliten about PCM grounds needing to be cleand and reattached, and the cross brace for the steering column.
MAXIMA; GAUGES / HVAC / WARNING LIGHTS DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN Reference Number(s): NTB07-043, Date of Issue: June 15, 2007 Related Ref Number(s): NTB07-043 ARTICLE BEGINNING IF YOU CONFIRM Any of the symptoms below: Gauges do not work correctly. Dash warning / indicator lights do not work correctly. Heater and air conditioner controls do not work correctly. AND The customer has / does place coins on the area in front of the Unified Meter and A/C Amp. Display Screen (see Fig. 1 below). Fig. 1: View Of Coin Area Courtesy of NISSAN MOTOR CO., U.S.A. Coins may have fallen down past the screen and into the A/C Auto Amp. ACTION If you can hear coins rattling inside the A/C Auto. Amp., replace the A/C Auto Amp. with the one from the Parts Information section of this bulletin. If you cannot hear coins rattling inside the A/C Auto Amp., this bulletin does not apply. Return to ASIST and the ESM for further diagnostic information. NISSAN: 2004-2006 Maxima Classification: EL07-021 APPLIED VEHICLE: 2004-2006 Maxima (A34)

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_maxima_1.jpg

ITSBRITTANYBITCH
  • 2008 NISSAN MAXIMA

I have a 2008 nissan maxima se I have been having 3 problems for awhile now. One is my gas gauge does not work right, it shows less then what I really have in my tank and I know for a fact my car is better on gas. Second my low tire pressure light is always on, even after I got new tires put on not too long ago it still is always on. Last my display screen flashes on and off. I would like to know what could be causing these problems and what needs to be done for it to be fixed? Thanks!

As far as the fuel gauge, if you are correct and it isn't reading properly, most likely the float is bad. One of the tires must have a bad sensor. Have the computer scanned to identify where the problem is coming from. I would recommend you check for bad body grounds when it comes to the display screen.

ALSMILEZ
  • 1996 NISSAN MAXIMA

My fuel gauge isnt working can anyone help

Check the fuel sending unit in the fuel tank-start here

+1