HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HAVE THE WIRES REPLACED IN A IF I TAKE IT TO A NISSSN DEALERSHIP?

2003 Nissan Altima

tavia227

July, 5, 2012 AT 1:02 PM

When I crank my car it shakes & continues when I put it in gear. After driving it a few miles the shaking stopped but the "check engine" light is on. I took it to the dealership about a week & a half ago for doing the same thing & they said there was a misfire in one of the cylinders(can't remember the cylinder #) but he switched some coils around & the light went off. What could be the cause of this? Is it time for new wires & about how much will this cost me?

mhpautos

July, 5, 2012 AT 1:06 PM

It may be a bit more than the ignition leads, I would ring around you local work shops and get a few quotes on a full tune, prices will vary depending on brands used, you don't have to get genuine quality after market parts will do the same job just cheaper.

Wrenchtech

July, 5, 2012 AT 1:12 PM

What engine does it have?

tavia227

July, 5, 2012 AT 1:19 PM

The engine is a 2.5s

Wrenchtech

July, 5, 2012 AT 1:25 PM

This engine doesn't have wires. It's COP. He swapped the coil to see if the miss moved with the coil indicating a bad coil.

tavia227

July, 5, 2012 AT 1:29 PM

So since its doing the same thing again & the check engine light is back on, what do you think the issue is? What needs to be done to fix this?

Wrenchtech

July, 5, 2012 AT 1:38 PM

Now you need to return to have the codes read and see if the problem is on the same cylinder as before or moved to the one the coil was moved to.