I HAVE A GAS LINE LEAK NEAR THE GAS TANK

2003 Nissan Altima

Anonymous

November, 13, 2012 AT 3:05 AM

I have a gas line leak near the gas tank. I was told it was the line running from the tank, so not the tank itself. Also, the leak is only visible when the car is turned on or off. I guess what I'm trying to ask, "is this a minor or major issue?" Will it cost a pretty penny if I take it to a Repair shop?

November, 13, 2012 AT 6:38 AM

IF THE TANK MUST BE REMOVED. IT COULD SORTA BE CONSIDERED "INVOLVED"

THE TRICK IS FINDING A SHOP THAT IS DEPENDABLE AND FAIR. SOME ARE A LOT FAIRER THAN OTHERS

. THE STEALERSHIP IS PROBABLY ON THE OTHER END OF THE SPECTRUM

MAYBE THIS LINK BELOW, WOULD HELP YOU DECIDE WHO TO TAKE IT TO----THIS MAY BE YOUR GUY "FOREVER"---SO LETS NOT HAVE A 20 SECOND CONVERSATION DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS. TAKE YOUR SILVER TONGUED FRIEND ALONG, TO TAKE UP YOUR SLACK!

TRY DIFFERENT PLACES THAT I MENTION---WE WANT A COLLAGE OF CANDIDATES---NOT JUST FROM ONE STORE

GO TO YOUR POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORES (MORE THAN ONE MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER) ASK TO SPEAK TO THE "COMMERCIAL SALES MANAGER".

HE'S THE ONE SENDING PARTS TO THE LOCAL AUTO SHOPS----SOMETIMES THESE SHOPS ARE ALL OVER, AND ARE SORTA IN THE "TURF" OF ANOTHER PARTS STORE. THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO INVESTIGATE OTHER PARTS STORES

MOST LIKELY AS THE "MANAGER" HAS MADE IT THRU THE RANKS, HE HAS VISITED MANY OF THE LOCAL SHOPS AND HAS DELIVERED PARTS TO THEM FOR QUITE SOME TIME. JUST FROM SEEING THESE OPERATIONS, HE MOST LIKELY WILL KNOW WHO DOES GREAT WORK, IN A TIMELY MANNER, AND POSSIBLY AT WONDERFUL RATES.

"I". MAYBE "YOU" ALSO, WANT CORRECT WORK PERFORMED----NOT NECESSARILY THE CHEAPEST!

YOUR KEY QUESTION TO ASK, JUST BEFORE YOUR CONVERSATION IS OVER: "WOULD YOU SEND YOUR OWN MAMA THERE?"

IF YOU HAPPEN TO TRY ANOTHER STORE. SEE IF THE SAME NAME(S) COME UP

PERSONALLY, I LIKE THOSE DECENT-WAY OUT-RURAL SHOPS

DO LET US KNOW YOUR OUTCOME

Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Pump Replacement