2003 Mitsubishi Outlander Code 0171

MITSUBISHI 2003 PUERTO RICO
  • 2003 MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER
Check engine light on then off for past 3 years, I put fuel injector cleaner to pass inspection, rough idle, problem starting after adding gasoline at times, cleaned fuel injectors at Jiffy Lube, replaced oxygen sensor before catalytic, new fuel pump /filter, cleaned throttle body, EGR, tune-up done, new PCV, Checked vacuum leak negative, Dealer cannot fix problem, says leak could be coming from firewall. CARMD states I need to replace wiring harness where O2 sensor was replaced?
If you can solve this mystery I will gladly pay you for your advice. Moreover, you would be the only person to solve this matter
Monday, June 10th, 2013 AT 11:59 AM

SATURNTECH9
The first thing I need from you is the exact code number you have in the computer not code descriptions?
Monday, June 10th, 2013 AT 12:06 PM
MITSUBISHI 2003 PUERTO RICO
Enclosed are the test they ran on said vehicle.

The initial code is P0171 left bank lean
Monday, June 10th, 2013 AT 12:37 PM
SATURNTECH9
So is the P0171 the only code you have currently?If so they have to check for a vacuum leak. That's where I would start. Has any one ever done a smoke test on it where they pump smoke into the intake to look for vacuum leaks?
Monday, June 10th, 2013 AT 6:28 PM