RYTHMIC CLICKING SOUND

2003 Mitsubishi Galant

anskunen

August, 25, 2011 AT 1:39 PM

2003 Mitsubishi Galant. I bought this car a week ago and this morning when I started it I hear this quite loud periodical clicking sound, like it clicks 8 times then one more and starts again = it's not a seemlessly continous clicking but rather a rythmic click. The sound is under the dash inside, in the middle, right where the air vents are. I tried turning a/c on & off - no change - and different positions, some of them seem to slower the rythm just a tiny bit, but nothing really makes a change to it. What can I do? Please help.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 5, 2011 AT 12:29 AM

That is a tough one over the internet. It almost sounds like a vent door is sticking in the HVAC system. Thus, is slow or changes when you change the airflow adjustments. When it does it, see if you can locate where it is coming from. It may be something as simple as a vacuum leaks that is causing it to happen. Also, if I recall, there are relays under there too. Check for issues with them.

Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010