I HAVE HAD MY MGS HEAD GASKET SKIMMED AND ...

• Dancar
  • 2003 MG ZR

Hi I have had my mg's head gasket skimmed and replaced recently by a proper mechanic/garage her took it for a test run and he said it was cutting out on him, so I said ok what is the problem he then got a electrical engineer to look at it and diagnose the problem which he said it is the lambda sensor, injectors and inlet-manifold need replacing. This is where I am now feeling im be taken for a ride as I always thought the inlet manifold wasnt electrical only the injectors where is this true? As I have already paied enough and now I am getting very anoyied as he has had my car for just under a month now please help?

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 11:02 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Did you have this issue prior to the repair?

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 11:05 AM
  • Dancar

It did have a very high idle?

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 11:22 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Ok, that could have been a vacuum leak. If you dont believe them, get a second opinion to make you feel better

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 11:23 AM
  • Dancar

Ok thank-you ill see if I can get a second opinion I can understand the lambda sensor failing but the inletmaifold ummm unsure about that casing the engine to cut out?

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 11:30 AM
  • Mhpautos

I agree, may just be a case of not enough info being passed on, the manifold may be cracked ask the mechanic for more info first.

Thursday, March 28th, 2013 AT 11:01 PM