I HAVE HAD MY MGS HEAD GASKET SKIMMED AND ...

2003 MG ZR

dancar

March, 28, 2013 AT 11:02 AM

Hi I have had my mg's head gasket skimmed and replaced recently by a proper mechanic/garage her took it for a test run and he said it was cutting out on him, so I said ok what is the problem he then got a electrical engineer to look at it and diagnose the problem which he said it is the lambda sensor, injectors and inlet-manifold need replacing. This is where I am now feeling im be taken for a ride as I always thought the inlet manifold wasnt electrical only the injectors where is this true? As I have already paied enough and now I am getting very anoyied as he has had my car for just under a month now please help?

March, 28, 2013 AT 11:05 AM

Did you have this issue prior to the repair?

dancar

March, 28, 2013 AT 11:22 AM

It did have a very high idle?

March, 28, 2013 AT 11:23 AM

Ok, that could have been a vacuum leak. If you dont believe them, get a second opinion to make you feel better

dancar

March, 28, 2013 AT 11:30 AM

Ok thank-you ill see if I can get a second opinion I can understand the lambda sensor failing but the inletmaifold ummm unsure about that casing the engine to cut out?

mhpautos

March, 28, 2013 AT 11:01 PM

I agree, may just be a case of not enough info being passed on, the manifold may be cracked ask the mechanic for more info first.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars