2003 GRAND MARQUIS NEED TO REPLACE DRIVER SIDE ...

• lpeek
  • 2003 Mercury Marquis

2003 grand marquis need to replace driver side power window regular must I drill out the popribits that hold the glass to the regular to seperate the glass from the regulator. I must get them apart to remove the glass them remove the regulator. I don't see any to get the two apart without drilling out the ribits. I am sure this is specific to ford products, so I need a answer from someone that does body work on crown victoria or grand marguis thanks

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 AT 8:51 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Yes, the must be drilled out. You can replace with nuts and bolts. Drill enough to knock out the center of the riviet.

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 AT 9:10 PM
  • lpeek

I replaced motor and regulator. My problem is with the window binding in the weather striping channel. I tried silecone spray but the window is still to hard to move up and down. Is there another type of lub or something I need to do to the window channel to let the window move freely. This is why the motor failed.

Friday, December 14th, 2012 AT 9:49 PM