2003 GRAND MARQUIS NEED TO REPLACE DRIVER SIDE ...

2003 Mercury Marquis

lpeek

December, 12, 2012 AT 8:51 PM

2003 grand marquis need to replace driver side power window regular must I drill out the popribits that hold the glass to the regular to seperate the glass from the regulator. I must get them apart to remove the glass them remove the regulator. I don't see any to get the two apart without drilling out the ribits. I am sure this is specific to ford products, so I need a answer from someone that does body work on crown victoria or grand marguis thanks

Body Work

Tbird Body Work

December, 12, 2012 AT 9:10 PM

Yes, the must be drilled out. You can replace with nuts and bolts. Drill enough to knock out the center of the riviet.

lpeek

December, 14, 2012 AT 9:49 PM

I replaced motor and regulator. My problem is with the window binding in the weather striping channel. I tried silecone spray but the window is still to hard to move up and down. Is there another type of lub or something I need to do to the window channel to let the window move freely. This is why the motor failed.

Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer