MERCEDES 110 CDI HEATER LIGHT STAYS ON VAN WONT START COLD ..?

2003 Mercedes Benz Vito

Freestyler1977

December, 6, 2011 AT 12:03 PM

I wonder could anyone help, I have a 2003 vito 110 cdi, it started flashing lights an dials on and off on the dash, then wen it settled it left the heater plug light on constant. When I try to start the van cold in the mornings it just keeps turning over to the battery runs flat ! I can get it going eventually with leads to another battery. I figured the heater plugs must be knackered so I got new ones an changed them yesterday and it didnt make 1 bita difference, I also checked the fuses, relays and wiring around the battery and all looks fine. The heater light is still on and the van still wont start so I havent a clue wat to try next !
Got the van going today with the leads again and went to the shops and on my return I turned the key in the ignition and there was nothing, no power wat so ever ! After about 20 attempts of turning the key the power came back and she fired up 1st time, I figure there must be somethin electrical wrong thats upsetting all the dials, power etc. As A - She doesnt start cold, musnt be power goin to the heater plugs at all and B - The dash goes nuts the odd time and shuts the power down.
Does anyone know what this is as my head is nearly turned with this van !
Any help wod be greatly appreciated.
Regards Ricky

mhpautos

December, 7, 2011 AT 10:57 AM

I would star with checking the actual voltage at the glow plugs, I am thinking that you do not have any voltage there, check this cold and with the key on glow, let me know what you find.

Freestyler1977

December, 7, 2011 AT 1:02 PM

Hi, thanx for the response, I tried a voltage meter in one plug cap and there was no reading seems there is no power goin to the plugs ( as you thought ) I have tried all the wiring & connections under the passanger seat and all show no corrosion or any faults. Cleaned them with contact cleaner and still the same, I checked also the fuses & relays and all are also fine. Where else do I check for wiring faults? Would it be possible that the fault is behind the dash assembly?

Regards Ricky

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right