CAR RUNS SLOW WHEN IT GETS WARM. AND IT WONT START UNTIL I LET IT COOL DOWN FOR 15-30MINS

2003 Mazda Protege

jobajee

May, 11, 2012 AT 12:29 PM

Hi I have a mazda protege 323 yr 03 with engine dohc 16 valve 1.6. Recently my timing belt broke and was replaced. The car ran fine for 1 day then started to stall a lot. We found the coil pack faulty. So it was replaced and the car was running pretty fine. But after 2 days, I've noticed that that my car would run slow when it gets warm. And it wont start until I let it cool down for 15-30mins. Its driving me crazy, brought it to the mechanic and they got error code PC1631 which is supposed to be Generator Output Voltage Signal No Electricity. A bit weird nahhh. Any help plz

hmac300

May, 11, 2012 AT 2:11 PM

Check charging system, scan for codes and check fuel pressure. Then check vacuum at idle if below 15" suspect clogged converter. Check the fuses I have marked in pic.

jobajee

May, 11, 2012 AT 2:21 PM

Thanks a lot. Will keep you updated.

jobajee

May, 15, 2012 AT 7:26 AM

Hi a little update. We have sorted out the problem for the no start after a good run(P16131 Generator Output Voltage Signal No Electricity), it was the battery. But for the other one it remains. It will still run slow when it gets warm. Have already replaced the Air flow meter, fuel pump and ran the car w/o the cat. Am desperate already spent a lot with the labor and the parts. Any ideas : (?

hmac300

May, 15, 2012 AT 1:49 PM

Check your cam and crank sensors for ohms. Theresistance may be to high and causing this. They can do that although we have no specs on this so you'll probably have to go against new.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe