03 5 AUTOMATIC METALLIC BRAKE SOUND

2003 Mazda Protege

Boricua

March, 22, 2012 AT 3:33 PM

I have a 03 mazda protege5 automatic. And when I put break the brake soinda like two metals scrapping I took it to the shop I got new rotors new calipees new pads and new brake kit and it still does the same soumd and is on the driver side. It started after the mechanic did the ball bearing and strut mount and the sway bar link. Before that I didnt had no problem. This been for almost a year. Now this week my car started to make a noise when I drive it like and helicopter and I can feel it oon the gas pedal and my wife feel it on the passenger side floor to. When I get on the highway and my steering shakes plus when I pit break it shakes to. Any he I appreciated

hmac300

March, 22, 2012 AT 4:25 PM

Occasionally rust breaks off and causes this. Recheck to make sure the brake pads aren't worn, possibly to a stuck caliper. Thencheck for pieces of rust stuck near the pads.

Boricua

March, 22, 2012 AT 4:34 PM

I check that already I replace pads about five timea the last time I upgraded to the best one and no chamge I replaced caliper twice and no change neither. I forgot to add that I lift the car from the driver side and left the passenger side tire on the floor and I turn the car on I put break put it on drive and release brake slowly when the tire start spinning u can see that the tire is not turning straight its like moving side to side. But when I try to move the tire side to side it dont move.

March, 22, 2012 AT 4:56 PM

Exchane the tires betweeen the two sides and check if the wavy movement is still on the same side or has migrated, indicating a bent rim.

If problem is on same side, you most probably has a bad wheel hub. Check the CV shaft central nut torque as well.

Boricua

March, 22, 2012 AT 5:02 PM

Would you know what should be the torque for that car

March, 22, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

175 ft. Lbs.

Boricua

March, 22, 2012 AT 9:06 PM

Ok thanks I will check followimg your tips.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy