I COULDN'T GET THE TRUCK TO GO OVER 40 MILES AN HOUR WITHOUT GOING DOWNHILL. UPHILL EVEN WORSE.

2003 Mazda b3000

mojoelrizn

September, 28, 2012 AT 1:02 PM

It's like the truck didn't want to change gears. Now my girlfriend had been to the shop before, and they said her rear differential was leaking and need service. For some reason I keep think slip dif which I thought was no big deal, but after reading some articles online I thought maybe this could be the problem. Do you think the rear dif would cause the truck to act like that, and if so how might I go about repairing it. We don't have much money, and this is the last vehicle I'm down to.

September, 28, 2012 AT 1:41 PM

No, I would look in another direction. Check the fuel pressure and the back pressure for the cat converter.

September, 28, 2012 AT 2:27 PM

Is the Malfunction Indicator Light indicating? More likely to be engine related rather than the rear differentials.

Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Level Check
Axle Seal Replacement
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD