HOW DO I GET MY ENGINE TO RUN SMOOTH?

2003 Lincoln LS

RPAIGESR

March, 28, 2012 AT 3:15 PM

On my 2003 Lincoln LS (V6) I have had to replace sections of the vacuum/hose assembly that runs from the PCV valve, around the back firewall, and up the passenger side to the front of the engine. The parts are not in inventory, so I had to build makeshift hoses/lines. Needless to say, my car runs pretty rough and when diagnosed (parts store) it mentioned the Mass Air Sensor as the problem. I honestly believe that its not breathing correctly, but the extent of my fledgling mechanical ability is coming up fast. Any ideas on what I can do or how much it will cost to get help? Thanks. Rick

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

hmac300

March, 28, 2012 AT 5:16 PM

Try cleaning the throttleplateand iac hole with choke cleaner and your mass air flow ith it asw ell. Check for ANY hoses that have holes in them, including breather hoses on valve covers. Make sure your makeshift hose is fully connected and not leaking vacuum