AIR SUSPENSION, DSH, ABS, HSC IN INACTIVE MODE.INACTIVE_INDIC IN DASH BOARD

• Erema
  • 2003 Land Rover Series 2
  • AWD
  • automatic

Here is.
That failures appeared at date of purchasing (the region is UAE). Then I come back home and was driving down from highway to worn-down (driving carefully about 200 meters).
After that, I stopped and switched off/on engine and that errors were eliminated therefore I have continued driving and after the running on the flat road that have been raised again.
I have kept the car in flat parking for a night and found out at the morning time that the car has not been fell down from any side. Also, I tried to remove minus terminals from battery for 1hour but without any result. How can I check myself what else this could be? I don’t want to waste money for stuff which should not be checked or changed?

ps: I have checked the suspension before make the deal and the only problem was indentified; that is time delay for lifting the car for high position (8-10sec).

Car spec
VIN SALLMAMA44A142827

Range Rover 2003 y.B HSE 4.4 UAE spec.
Tnx

Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 AT 10:34 AM

• Dr. Hagerty

The compressor is a self-contained unit in the boot area under the spare tire, it has a relay inside the unit that will require replacement, possibly. It is the same system that BMW uses and it is problematic at best. The relay is the only user serviceable part in the system, beyond that, see your service provider.

Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 AT 12:02 PM
  • Erema

The problem has been find out after comp scanning (Steering Angle Sensor errors) the technisian stated that it has to changed. Is it possiable to do it by myself(is thr spesific tool required?). Thx

Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011 AT 6:32 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

What does the repair shop want to do it? If reasonable and the work comes with a guarantee, then the way to go is to have it done.

Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011 AT 6:50 PM