I AM GETTING TWO CODES ON MY 2003 JEEP LIBERTY ...

2003 Jeep Liberty

miec

December, 18, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

I am getting two codes on my 2003 Jeep Liberty: Large and small evaporative emissions leaks. I have repaired all leaks verified the system is closed. Is it possible that a faulty leak detection pump would give the two codes large and small evaporative emissions leaks? I don't know what else to check.

homer1967

December, 18, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

It is possible that you have a bad ldp or pcm.I would have it diagnosed at a shop with a smoke machine.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 18, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

Before you do that, fog the system to see if there are any leaks. They will show up if there is a leak.

miec

December, 18, 2012 AT 1:45 AM

I have pressure tested the entire system and I feel pretty confident that there are no leaks. I am curious as to how the PCM could be bad and only throwing codes related to large and small evap leaks?

Jacobandnickolas

December, 18, 2012 AT 1:49 AM

That is a good question. I would try the smoke test to make sure there are no leaks. I don't think it has anything to do with the PCM.

miec

December, 18, 2012 AT 2:45 AM

OK I have taken various sections apart and pressure tested for leakes. I have repaired the leaks and I can pressurize a clear path from the purge solenoid to the tank. There are no leaks. Is there a test I can do to verify if the leak detection pump is operating correctly?

miec

December, 18, 2012 AT 7:47 PM

Another follow up. If the leak detection pump is truly bad, wouldn't there be another code that would come through beside the large and small leak?

Evap System Components