2003 JEEP LIBERTY BATTERY TROUBLES

• StarsX37
  • 2003 Jeep Liberty
  • automatic
  • 133 miles

I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport and the check engine light, the battery light and the airbag light are on. Drove home (approx 33 miles) with the heater off and the stereo off too. About 3 blocks away and I noticed that the RPM's were not shifting normally (automatic) and the light on the cd player had died too. And when I finally arrived at home, the mileage meter was starting to fade. Any ideas?

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 10:58 PM

• rasmataz

Have the charging system checked out thoroughly

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 11:07 PM
  • StarsX37

Going to get the alternator and battery checked out as soon as someone else gets home. Anything else that should also be looked at?

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 11:20 PM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

Many Popular parts stores will test all of that for FREE, if your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT REMAINS ON, Have them "CODE" your car also, it may just be "ON' because something may be wrong in your charging system. But have it coded regardless.

If you will bring the codes back here, RASMATAZ, will be able to point you in the direction you need to go.I'm still in the '80's on back with my Older CJs, So Ras will be the man!

The Medic

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 11:36 PM
  • StarsX37

P1491 & P0562 Were the two codes that were put out onto the reader. The alternator tested good and the battery was replaced. The vehicle started right up after they were re-installed. Once the codes were read, they were cleared. About 2 minutes later the lights came back on with the same codes.

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 3:10 AM
  • StarsX37

And now the Jeep is running off of the battery again.
*FRUSTRATED*

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 5:03 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

SORRY YOU ARE/WERE HAVING PROBLEMS THAT WE COULD NOT ASSIST YOU WITH. PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE COME UP WITH---WE LEARN HERE TOO! THANKS--THE MEDIC

Sunday, April 10th, 2011 AT 4:43 AM