WINDOW SEAL REPLACEMENT

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Gowrd

February, 1, 2011 AT 3:58 AM

For a 2003 Grand Cherokee how do I remove the outer bottom window seal (one on each of the four doors) (I've bought replacements because the originals are rusting)

Ernest Clark

February, 1, 2011 AT 12:28 PM

Window seals aren't metal, they're rubber. So they can't rust. Are you refering to a trim molding?

Gowrd

February, 1, 2011 AT 5:50 PM

I believe the part is called a weather strip -its the strip that seals or keeps the water out of the door, which fits between the bottom of the window glass and the top of the door immediately below the window. My question is how to remove the old one and replace the new ones.
Thanks in advance

hmac300

February, 1, 2011 AT 6:10 PM

They can have clips/rivets or screws holding them in. Rol the window down and get a flat scredriver. Put it behind the strip and pry it towards window. Try at the end first then go further in until it is all the way disconnected. Reverse the procedure but don't use the screwdriver just push it in if it's clips or screws, etc or rerivet it if that holds it in.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Dynamat Door Installation
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma